When you type incorrect passcode for unlocking the iPhone for several times, you’ll get the iPhone is a disabled error. This error is prevalent and one of the important part of iPhone security system. When you enter an incorrect passcode for several times, the iPhone locks itself for few minutes. Usually, it is 1 minutes or 15 minutes. In worst case scenario, the iPhone locks itself for more than an hour or days. You may face this error after entering the wrong passcode while in a hurry. Well, it is not an issue to worry.
But, this issue becomes serious when the error message reads like this “iPhone is disabled, Try again in 24 hours” or “iPhone is Disabled, Connect it to the iTunes.” Well, this is the serious issue because when it is locked for more than 24 hours, it becomes impossible to do anything with your iPhone. You cannot use it for doing anything as its locked to prevent the unknown intruders logging on your device. Well, in this case, you don’t have to worry because we’ve got your back. In this post, I am going to share some of easiest ways to fix iPhone is disabled error within minutes.
When Does iPhone get Disabled?
The iPhone locks itself to protect your precious data when someone tries to intrude in your smartphone and enters an incorrect passcode. This is the reason behind iPhone disables itself for several minutes.
- 5 Incorrect Passcode Entries – iPhone Disabled for 1 Minute.
- 7 Incorrect Passcode Entries – iPhone Disabled for 5 Minutes.
- 8 Incorrect Passcode Entries – iPhone Disabled for 15 Minutes.
- 9 Incorrect Passcode Entries – iPhone Disabled for 60 Minutes.
- 10 Incorrect Passcode Entries – iPhone Disabled, Connect to iTunes.
If your iPhone is disabled for more than 60 minutes or asking you to connect to the iTunes, then you should worry. If iPhone is disabled for less than 60 Minutes, then there is nothing to worry as you can wait for maximum 60 minutes before trying to enter correct passcode to unlock the phone. Here are some ways by which you can Fix iPhone is disabled error within minutes.
How to Fix iPhone is Disabled Error
Method #1 – Connecting to the iTunes
With this method, we are going to use the iTunes software to restore your smartphone. With iTunes, you can unlock the smartphone, Backup and Reset the device very quickly. Here are the steps to use iTunes for Fixing iPhone is Disabled Error.
- First of all, Connect your iPhone to the Computer using the USB cable. If you are using any latest Macbook version, then use USB C cable to connect your smartphone.
- Once connected, the iTunes will open automatically on your computer. If iTunes does not open automatically, then double-click on iTunes icon to open it manually.
- Now, iTunes will detect your device and ask you to enter the correct passcode of the smartphone. Enter the correct passcode and press ENTER.
- You’ll see the summary page of the smartphone. On this page, find “Backup Now” option. Click on it and save it to your computer. You’ll need this backup later.
- Once the backup is complete, click on the “Restore the Backup” button, which is just beside the Backup button.
- You’ve to Restore the iPhone with the backup you’ve taken recently. This will reset your smartphone and then restores the recent backup of the device.
- Once your complete the Restore process, check your iPhone. The iPhone will work like it was before. You can now enter the correct Passcode to unlock your iPhone.
- This method will work only if you’ve synced your iPhone with the iTunes. If you’ve not, then there is another method for you, but this method will not work for you.
- Do not disconnect the iPhone from the computer while taking backup or the Restore process. It may make the situation worse if you disconnect it in the middle of a backup and restore process.
Method #2 – Recovery Mode to Reset iPhone
If you haven’t synced your iPhone with the iTunes, then you’ll have to follow this process. It is advised that you should sync the iPhone with iTunes, but some people don’t do it. Follow these steps to enter into Recovery mode and then reset the iPhone to fix iPhone is Disabled Error.
- First of all, Switch off the iPhone by long pressing the “Power/Wake Up/Sleep” button and slide the slider to turn off the device. Alternatively, your can press “Power button and Home Button” together to turn off the iPhone.
- Now, open the iTunes on your computer. Yes! We’ll need the iTunes even if we haven’t synced it with the iTunes.
- Now, Press and Hold the Home button and then connect the iPhone to your computer. Make sure the iTunes is running while you connect the iPhone.
- Once you connect the iPhone, the iTunes will show the popup with message ” iTunes has detected an iPhone in Recovery Mode. You should restore this iPhone before it can be used again”. Click on “OK.”
- Now, you’ll see the Restore and Update option for the connected iPhone. Click on the button and proceed with the Warning pop up.
- The iTunes will not attempt to Restore your connected iPhone. It’ll also update your device to the latest iOS version available if any.
- Once the Restore process is complete, you can turn on the iPhone and activate it. This time, don’t forget to sync it with the iTunes to backup all your critical data.
Method #3 – Reset the Device with iCloud
The iCloud sync is the best thing for iPhone users to access their iPhone remotely. The iPhone users can connect to the iCloud and then do whatever they want with their device. In this case, we are going to reset the iPhone with the help of iCloud. Herer is the exact steps to Reset your iPhone to fix iPhone is disabled error.
- First of all, open the iCloud.com/#find and log in with your Apple ID.
- Once logged in, you’ll see the “All Devices” option on the top. Click on it.
- You’ll see all of the Apple devices you are using and connected with your Apple ID. Click on the iPhone that you are willing to restore.
- Now, you’ll see the option to Erase the iPhone. It’ll wipe all the data from your iPhone along with the passcode lock.
- Click on Erase Now to delete all the data. Wait for the entire process to complete, which will take few minutes. Make sure your iPhone is connected to the internet while you are doing this process.
- Once the Reset process completes, you can activate your iPhone device. Also, you Restore a backup if you’ve taken one to use it as it was before getting disabled.
- This Method will work only if your iPhone is connected to the Internet. When you use “Erase iPhone” option, the iCloud will contact your iPhone over the internet and command it to delete all the data. This can be done when the iPhone is Disabled.
- All your data saved in the iPhone will erase if you choose this option. Make sure you take regular backups to avoid Data loss.
So, these are the methods that’ll help you to fix iPhone is disabled error. In most of the cases, people forget their passcode and enter the wrong passcode multiple times. When you follow these methods, you are going to erase everything from your iPhone, including the passcode. So, after the Reset, make sure you set a new passcode which is easy to remember.